May 22, 2013

Fixing G'ma and G'pa's roof - October 2004

I have always been impressed with how much my father, his siblings, and their spouses helped G'ma and G'pa.  They have been such good examples to me.  I think my parents have ensured their care into their elderly years ;)  

This specific time Kenn and DeLynn enlisted some of the grandsons to help out with G'ma and G'pa's roof.  I was in town visiting from Maryland, and this was right before we left for the airport - we were grabbing one last visit.



Grandma, Natalie, Eden (on lap), Cumorah


At some point I yelled up to the guys to stand close so I could take a group photo:



KC, DeLynn, Kenn, G'pa, Christian, Gordon, Shawn


I'm sad that I didn't document the story at the time, because I can not for the life of me remember what I said after taking this first photo. *But* I Do remember the horrible feeling that came over me right as the words came out of my mouth, because I thought, "Oh, Grandpa is going to be so embarrassed that I said that!"  Well, this is what happened...


You can have fun figuring out who is who in this one ;)

I was laughing so hard I'm surprised the photo didn't end up blurry.  My eyes teared up, because ... look at G'pa.  What a sense of humor!

~Natalie Hansen Terry