May 22, 2013

Grandpa, Cumorah & Hippity Hop Hansen

I have this "Wall O'Fame" that I usually put up right after we get our shipment delivered from our last house.  I have chosen photos of every family member I have... in fact, you may be up there and don't even know it (I have aunts who take pity on me ;)  

I usually don't put up photos of just anyone doing just anything. I like to get photos that show faces so that my girls can be reminded of family and good friends we left back in the States, or back in our last "home" country.

But, I just couldn't pass up putting this one up...



Grandpa, Cumorah, & Hippity Hop Hansen (the bunny)
The time stamp is correct: 8 Aug 2002


My heart melts each time I look at this photo.  It's one of my most favorite memories of Grandpa.  He was so attentive to Cumorah (as he was whenever any of my girls visited), showing her all around the garden and helping her "feed" the bunny.  But, when he got down on his knees as Cumorah got down in her one-year-old squat, I jumped to take the shot (and probably almost fell into the pond ;)

~Natalie Hansen Terry